Sunday, May 13, 2012

A Rose and so much more...

 My family all knows that Mothers Day can be a bit hard for me....
 This year my daughter convinced my husband to buy me a small "pocket" camera.  He agreed and she started researching them.  She studied them for a long time, all the features and what she thought I would like.  They ended up buying me a Canon PowerShot.....


 Can you tell what I've been playing with?  







This is on macro..... It doesn't have a lot of features, but it has taken some great photos already, and I love the fact that it is small enough to fit in my pocket or purse.  It's about the size of a credit card, just a little thicker, but it is itty bitty.


I love the pictures of the rose for 3 reasons.
1.  The rose is from my son and his wife.....so sweet
2.  My husband bought me the camera to take it with.  We sometime call my husband" Mr. Checkbook"
3. My daughter was in on "researching" which camera for him to buy
(she also made everyone dinner, I got to choose the menu)
P.S. She also got me 2 necklaces, one has small shells on it, that is because my Mom loved shells, 
How sweet is that!!

All in all it was a Great Mothers Day!!
No greater gift for a Mom than having her kids around!!

Hope you all had a Great Mothers Day as well!!

Thanks for visiting my part of the country
Jana

5 comments:

  1. Aww, beautiful post Jana! A sweet and thoughtful family. LOVE LOVE the camera and the macro shots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a beautiful rose, Jana, and you have taken some excellent shots. I am glad you enjoyed Mothers' Day, it sounds like your family really put a lot of thought into it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to both of you, Rose I obviously thought of you when I posted "Rose" and yes Tracey I had a great Mothers Day, Thanks for the visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The camera takes great shots! I still have my little Kodak that I keep in my car just in case! Great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with having one handy at all times and I didn't have that, until now

    ReplyDelete