Monday, June 4, 2012

Up in the Air....

I heard something and went outside.....up in the air.....
I thought it might be big bird or superman circling over our house.....
Instead it was a crop duster.
They get low...I don't think you could pay me enough to do this ....
I don't think you could get me to even ride in one of these when they are going down to spray.
If I did go, right about now I would be screaming so loud he would take me back or 
simply throw me out.
They do a great job....and I'm just glad it's not me.

Thanks for visiting my dusty part of the country,
Jana

14 comments:

  1. Cool to see, but I don't want to ride in it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't like thrill rides either and I think that's what this is.

      Delete
  2. It looks like the Regier plane, and I don't know how they keep from hitting the wires. The last photo was a great shot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm guessing it was Regier and I get nervous just watching him.

      Delete
  3. Fabulous shots Jana of a "real precision profession". Glad you were home and heard it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you had better be a good pilot and pay attention at all times. It was fun to watch him.

      Delete
  4. I haven't seen one of those in years, great shots. I'd go for a ride in one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOl I think you are the only one so far that said they would ride in one. I guess your the brave one. LOL

      Delete
  5. Many years ago near Okeene, I was on a county road not paying much attention to my surroundings when a sprayplane buzzed me on my left. I'm pretty sure that a pitstop was inevitable. When they fly right over you, they are really LOUD. However, I would love to ride in one. I'm still addicted to adrenaline.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too remember a time when I was a kid and was on a highway and a duster came off a field and I thought it was going to hit us. They are loud and they use to fly under the high line wires, they did that day and it was scary and loud. Glad to hear from you Dennis and somehow I'm not shocked that you love the adrenaline rush.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. You might be a "thrill seeker" as some of my other bloggers.

      Delete