Saturday, February 4, 2012

Herman




I love the babies (calves).  The red colored one on the left of the photo is a special one to me.  I bottle fed 

him for a while this winter and affectionally gave him the name "Herman".  Whenever I would bring him 

his baby bottle I would call him like I do my dogs.  "Herman, come on honey, are you hungry?".  I would 

then whistle and Herman would come running to me, I would then feed and pet my Herman.  My 

husband and father-in-law thought I was crazy.  First for calling him the way I did and then for giving a 

calf a name.  You don't name them, instead they "pierce" their ear and put a numbered tag in and know 

them by a number,  you certainly don't give them a "name",  but I did and they even got to know him as 

Herman.

There is my Herman, peeking around the corner.  You'll have to excuse him, he's a little camera shy.




When Herman got big enough they let him out into a large pasture with all the other cows.  One day  

I went feeding with my husband and saw my beloved Herman .  I got out of the pickup and started calling 

him.  My husband just rolled his eyes at me.  That was until he saw Herman's ears perk up and he turned 

his head to me.   Herman then came running.   My husband just shook his head in disbelief.



Isn't he adorable.  Love my little Herman.

PS...I think my husband and father-in-law still think I'm crazy.

Thanks for visiting me and Herman's part of the country

Jana & Herman



  



3 comments:

  1. Herman is very cute! I'd be hopeless with livestock, they would all become pets. Pathetic, I know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by Tracey, I too love animals and it's hard not to get attached to some of them. No your not pathetic, if you are then so am I, we just love animals.

    ReplyDelete